28 killed in Afghan mosque by twin blasts during Friday prayers, with number of fatalities expected to rise
Smoke rises from the site of an attack after a massive explosion the night before near the Green Village in Kabul on September 3, 2019.
He said the dead were "all worshippers" in the blast in Haska Mina district, roughly 50 kilometres from the provincial capital Jalalabad. "It was a heartbreaking scene I witnessed with my eyes," Shinwari said, adding that 32 bodies and scores of injured have been transported from the blast site. The report, which also charts violence throughout 2019 so far, underscores how "Afghans have been exposed to extreme levels of violence for many years" despite promises by all sides to "prevent and mitigate harm to civilians."
The UN laid most of the blame for the spike at the feet of "anti-government elements" such as the Taliban, which has been carrying out a bloody insurgency in Afghanistan for more than 18 years.
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
The Latest: Afghan official says mosque explosion kills 62KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Latest on mosque attack in eastern Afghanistan (all times local): 6:30 p.m. An Afghan official says at least 62 people have been killed in a mosque...
Weiterlesen »
Officials: Shelling of Afghan mosque kills 25 during prayersOfficials say dozens of worshippers were gathered inside a mosque in Afghanistan to offer Friday prayers when a mortar round fired by insurgents blasted through the roof, causing it to collapse and killing at least 25 people.
Weiterlesen »
'Unprecedented' Afghan civilian casualties in July-September - UNA UN report said 2,563 civilians were killed and 5,676 were wounded in the first nine months of this year. Insurgents were responsible for 62 percent of the casualties.
Weiterlesen »
Warren’s blasts at tech leave Biden in the shadows
Weiterlesen »
Lindsey Graham blasts Trump's Syria statements as 'worse than President Obama's decision to leave Iraq''This is a complete and utter national security disaster in the making and I hope President Trump will adjust his thinking,' the Republican senator tweeted.
Weiterlesen »