Defense Secretary Esper says Beirut blast probably an accident, breaking with Trump

Deutschland Nachrichten Nachrichten

Defense Secretary Esper says Beirut blast probably an accident, breaking with Trump
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten,Deutschland Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 USATODAY
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 34 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 63%

The explosion in Beirut was likely an accident, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said contradicting Trump who claimed it was caused by an attack.

An accident was the likely cause of the explosion in Beirut, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Wednesday, contradicting a

“Most believe it was an accident, as reported,” Esper said at the Aspen Security Conference in Colorado. Esper said information was being collected to determine the cause of the blast. The Pentagon offered the Lebanese government aid, he said.Esper and Trump have been at odds on several issues over the summer. Last week, Esper defended the decision to move 11,000 troops out of Germany as a strategic move to counter Russia. Later that day, Trump called it retribution for Germany's failure to pay more to NATO.

Esper resisted invoking the Insurrection Act to allow federal troops to quell protests this summer. Trump argued for a more forceful approach.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

USATODAY /  🏆 100. in US

Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Oregon Senator Ron Wyden says Trump deployed 'secret police' in Portland to provoke violence for campaign adsOregon Senator Ron Wyden says Trump deployed 'secret police' in Portland to provoke violence for campaign adsSen. Ron Wyden argues that President Trump sent federal agents to Portland in order to "create images of chaos for his own political gain."
Weiterlesen »

Esper says 'most believe' Beirut explosion 'was an accident' after Trump claimed it was an attackEsper says 'most believe' Beirut explosion 'was an accident' after Trump claimed it was an attackDefense Secretary Mark Esper said that 'most believe' that the explosion in Beirut 'was an accident, as reported,' despite President Trump's claim a day prior that it was an attack
Weiterlesen »

Death toll from Beirut blast rises to more than 70, says health ministerDeath toll from Beirut blast rises to more than 70, says health ministerLebanon's health minister told Reuters that the death toll from a massive explosion in the capital Beirut on Tuesday had reached 78, adding that nearly 4,000 people had been injured.
Weiterlesen »

Death toll from Beirut blast rises to more than 70, says health ministerDeath toll from Beirut blast rises to more than 70, says health ministerLebanon's health minister told Reuters that the death toll from a massive explosion in the capital Beirut on Tuesday had reached 78, adding that nearly 4,000 people had been injured.
Weiterlesen »

UK says too early to speculate on cause of massive blast in BeirutUK says too early to speculate on cause of massive blast in BeirutBritain said on Wednesday that it was too early to speculate on the cause of a massive blast that ripped through Beirut killing at least 100 people.
Weiterlesen »

Lebanon's health minister says many injuries and large damage from Beirut blast: LBC TVLebanon's health minister says many injuries and large damage from Beirut blast: LBC TVLebanon's Health Minister Hamad Hasan said an explosion in central Beirut on Tuesday had caused a 'very high number of injuries' and extensive damage, Lebanese LBC television channel quoted the minister as saying.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 21:53:04