A contentious behind-the-scenes debate between attorneys for some of Jeffrey Epstein's alleged victims and attorneys for his $634 million estate has spilled into public view for the first time.
“My life was completely derailed. All the things that were important to me were taken,” said Farmer, who provided the earliest known criminal complaint about Epstein to law enforcement.Nine months after convicted sex-offender Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his New York jail cell, a contentious behind-the-scenes debate between attorneys for some of his alleged victims and attorneys for his $634 million estate has spilled into public view for the first time.
Bryant and other alleged victims are asking the estate to turn over a broad array of items they contend are relevant to their claims of Epstein’s alleged sexual abuse - including photographs, video and audio recordings from his airplanes and homes, financial records and communications with his alleged co-conspirators, employees and government officials that span a period of nearly two decades.
In a letter filed last week, Aaronson wrote that the co-executors have now compiled a database of more than 730,000 documents, but the task of obtaining documents and information from Epstein’s “large complicated estate” had been hampered by delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, so they expect to begin producing documents this week.In this Sept. 8, 2004, file photo, Jeffrey Epstein is shown.
The federal magistrate judge overseeing pre-trial motions in most of the victims’ lawsuits in New York has yet to publicly respond to the letters from the victims’ attorneys. They are asking the court for a hearing and an order compelling the Epstein estate to begin producing documents. Under a previous court order, the deadline for completing the exchange of documents in several of the victims’ lawsuits was set for early July.
But in a letter to the court, McCawley contended that documents related to Epstein's recruitment of Bryant during the trip, including travel plans and itineraries, would be “highly relevant” to the claims in Bryant’s lawsuit. That letter included an excerpt of a flight log showing former President Bill Clinton, actor Kevin Spacey and comedian Chris Tucker on board Epstein’s Boeing 727.
Lawyers for the estate have objected to the inspections as unnecessary and currently infeasible due to the pandemic.
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
Louisiana memorial service for missing person-turned-murder victim ends in gunfire, leaving 13 woundedAt least 13 people were wounded, including one in critical condition, after a shooting at a large memorial service in Louisiana on Saturday night in honor of a man who was recently found murdered in the woods, according to police.
Weiterlesen »
WSJ News Exclusive | The Hamptons Home Where Jackie Kennedy Summered as a Child Asks $7.5 MillionA shingled Hamptons house where Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis spent childhood summers is coming on the market for $7.5 million
Weiterlesen »
Barr Doesn't Expect Russia Probe To Lead To Criminal Investigation Of Obama Or BidenAttorney General William Barr does not expect Barack Obama or Joe Biden to face criminal investigations related to the Russia probe, saying “Our concern over potential criminality is focused on others.'
Weiterlesen »
Rachel Lindsay Slams Hannah Brown's Apology After Using the N-WordThe attorney says she's 'personally hurt and offended' by Brown's response to the controversy.
Weiterlesen »
The European Union is having a bad crisisLarge grants and a significant debt mutualisation will be hard, but to avert catastrophe they are a price worth paying
Weiterlesen »