Kuwaiti lessor Alafco reaches agreement with Boeing over 737 MAX dispute
) after reaching an agreement to end its legal claim over a cancelled 737 MAX order, it said on Tuesday.
Alafco was suing the U.S. planemaker for $336 million over accusations it wrongly refused to return advance payments on a cancelled order for 40 of its troubled 737 MAX planes. The Kuwaiti lessor will now buy 20 aircraft from Boeing, instead of 40, with new delivery dates, it said in a bourse filing.Alafco said it was “looking forward to a long-lasting and mutually beneficial relationship with Boeing.”Boeing suspended deliveries of its narrow-body 737 MAX jet in March last year, when the Federal Aviation Administration grounded the aircraft after the deaths of 346 people in crashes of two 737 MAX planes operated by Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines.
The crisis over the grounding of the once top-selling 737 MAX has cost the U.S. planemaker more than $19 billion, slashed production and hobbled its supply chain, with criminal and congressional investigations still ongoing. Alafco’s owners include Kuwait Finance House , Gulf Investment Corporation and state airline Kuwait Airways, according to its website.
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
U.S. FAA lays plan for Boeing 737 MAX's return; hurdles remainThe U.S. Federal Aviation Administration said on Monday it is proposing requiring four key Boeing Co 737 MAX design and operating changes to address safety issues seen in two fatal crashes that led to the plane's grounding in March 2019.
Weiterlesen »
FAA Formally Proposes Fixes for Return of Boeing’s 737 MAX JetsU.S. air-safety regulators for the first time publicly spelled out the full range of hardware, software, crew training and maintenance changes they are proposing before Boeing’s 737 MAX jets will be allowed to resume flying passengers
Weiterlesen »
U.S. FAA proposes requiring key Boeing 737 MAX design changesThe Federal Aviation Administration said on Monday it is proposing requiring four key Boeing 737 MAX design changes to address safety issues seen in two crashes that killed 346 people and led to the plane&39;s grounding in March 2019. The agency is issuing a proposed airworthiness directive to require
Weiterlesen »
Google invests $450 million in home security firm ADTWith the investment deal, Google hopes to broaden its reach in the smart-home devices market.
Weiterlesen »
SAG-AFTRA & Producers Reach Tentative 3-Year Deal On Animation ContractsSAG-AFTRA and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers have struck a tentative deal for new three-year animation contracts. The pact covers animated programs produced for television,…
Weiterlesen »
SAG-AFTRA Reaches Three-Year Deal on TV AnimationSAG-AFTRA has reached a tentative agreement with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers on a three-year deal covering TV animation. The deal, announced on Monday, covers animated p…
Weiterlesen »