Lebanon's Aoun, UK's Johnson agree to work on recovery from blast

Deutschland Nachrichten Nachrichten

Lebanon's Aoun, UK's Johnson agree to work on recovery from blast
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten,Deutschland Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 33 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 97%

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Lebanese President Michel Aoun on Saturday discussed Lebanon's urgent humanitarian, medical and reconstruction needs following Tuesday's devastating blast at Beirut port.

FILE PHOTO: Lebanon's President Michel Aoun visits the site of Tuesday's blast in Beirut's port area, Lebanon August 5, 2020. Dalati Nohra/Handout via REUTERS

LONDON - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Lebanese President Michel Aoun on Saturday discussed Lebanon’s urgent humanitarian, medical and reconstruction needs following Tuesday’s devastating blast at Beirut port. “President Aoun thanked the UK for the support provided to date, including the release of 5 million pounds in emergency funding and deployment of HMS Enterprise,” Johnson’s office said in a statement.

“With Lebanon facing threats from a financial crisis, coronavirus and the effects of this tragic blast, they agreed to work with international partners to ensure the country’s long-term recovery and rehabilitation.”

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Search continues for dozens still missing after Beirut explosionSearch continues for dozens still missing after Beirut explosionLebanon's President Michel Aoun has rejected any international probe into the catastrophic Beirut port blast, saying a missile or negligence could have been responsible as rescuers desperately combed the rubble for survivors.
Weiterlesen »

Lebanon president: Beirut explosion either due to negligence or missile, bombLebanon president: Beirut explosion either due to negligence or missile, bombLebanese President Michel Aoun says there are two possibilities behind Tuesday’s blast – either negligence or “external intervention” by a missile or a bomb.
Weiterlesen »

Factbox: Countries rally round Lebanon after Beirut blastFactbox: Countries rally round Lebanon after Beirut blastCountries and international organisations have lined up to help Lebanon after a massive warehouse explosion sent a blast wave across Beirut, killing at least 145 people and injuring nearly 5,000.
Weiterlesen »

Show of solidarity after blast as Lebanon braces for protestShow of solidarity after blast as Lebanon braces for protestSenior officials from the Middle East and Europe started arriving in Lebanon Saturday in a show of solidarity with the tiny country that suffered a deadly blast this week which caused large-scale damage to the capital Beirut
Weiterlesen »

Lebanon's battered economy dealt fresh blow after port blast hits 'Achilles heel'Lebanon's battered economy dealt fresh blow after port blast hits 'Achilles heel'Lebanon's economy, already sinking before the explosion that knocked out its main port, could now shrink by double the rate previously forecast for this year, making it even harder to secure the financing the country needs to get back on its feet.
Weiterlesen »

Lebanon's economy was already in crisis. Then the blast hit BeirutLebanon's economy was already in crisis. Then the blast hit BeirutIn the past year, a breakdown Lebanon's banking system and skyrocketing inflation had triggered mass protests. Even before the Covid-19 pandemic hit, the World Bank projected that 45% of people in Lebanon would be below the poverty line in 2020.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 08:12:00