The U.S. Marines have released the names of eight service members who went missing during a training exercise off San Clemente Island last week.
The U.S. Marines late Sunday released the names of eight service members — including three from Southern California — who went missing during a training exercise off San Clemente Island last week.
“It is with a heavy heart that I decided to conclude the search-and-rescue effort,” Col. Christopher Bronzi, commanding officer of the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit, said in a statement. “The steadfast dedication of the Marines, sailors and Coast Guardsmen to the persistent rescue effort was tremendous.”
— U.S. Navy Hospitalman Christopher Gnem, 22, of Stockton, Calif., a hospital corpsman with Bravo Company, BLT 1/4.— Cpl. Wesley A. Rodd, 23, of Harris, Texas, a rifleman with Bravo Company, BLT 1/4.AdvertisementTwo others were injured and remain hospitalized, one of them in critical condition. Five other service members were rescued.
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
Rescue operation ends for eight missing servicemen off San Clemente IslandThe search and rescue operation for eight U.S. servicemen who went missing last week after their landing craft sank off San Clemente during a training exercise has ended. The seven Marines and one sailor who are missing are presumed dead, officials said.
Weiterlesen »
Filmmaker revisits San Diego police shooting of former NFL linebacker Demetrius DuBoseA teammate of Demetrius DuBose examines what led to his fatal 1999 encounter in San Diego.
Weiterlesen »
Body of woman killed in Anaheim found in truck after crash in San Diego CountyAnaheim police say the 56-year-old woman was killed 75 miles from where her body was found, in the back of a truck involved in a collision in San Marcos.
Weiterlesen »
Earthquake: Magnitude 3.1 quake hits near San JoseThe earthquake was reported Sunday morning at 5:40 a.m. Pacific time less than a mile from San Jose, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
Weiterlesen »
8 servicemen presumed dead after training accident off the Southern California coastThe 26-ton amphibious assault vehicle sank in hundreds of feet of water and was beyond the reach of divers.
Weiterlesen »
Military identifies sailor and 7 Marines in deadly training accident off California coastThe military has identified the people presumed dead in an amphibious assault vehicle training accident off Southern California last week.
Weiterlesen »