Six-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi will hold a news conference on Sunday at Barcelona's Camp Nou stadium following his surprise departure, the La Liga club said.
the 34-year-old will leave the club, despite both parties having reached an agreement over a new contract, citing economic and structural obstacles to the renewal of the deal.
Barcelona president Joan Laporta said on Friday the club was forced to let star player Messi leave because his high wages coupled with strict La Liga financial rules could have jeopardised its future. Messi, who helped Barcelona claim 10 league titles, four Champions Leagues and three Club World Cups, technically ended his 21-year association with the club at the end of June and is currently a free agent after his previous contract expired.
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
Guests on Sunday talk shows: 'The Sunday Show With Jonathan Capehart' on MSNBCSunday Talk Show Guests August 8: 'The Sunday Show With Jonathan Capehart'; 'Face the Nation'; 'This Week'; 'Fox News Sunday'; 'State of the Union'
Weiterlesen »
Messi to leave Barcelona after contract talks collapseThe 34-year-old football superstar has spent all his career at the Spanish club but he had been trying to make an exit since last year.
Weiterlesen »
Soccer Superstar Lionel Messi Leaving FC BarcelonaLionel Messi will NOT be returning to FC Barcelona.
Weiterlesen »
Lionel Messi: Barcelona says Argentine star is leaving the clubSoccer superstar Lionel Messi is leaving FC Barcelona despite having reached an agreement on a new contract, the club says
Weiterlesen »