NASA's first all-female spacewalk will take place this week - NBCNewsMACH
. Three other spacewalks that had been planned for this week and next week have been postponed, according to the agency.
Originally, NASA had planned an all-female spacewalk in March. But that outing — which was to have involved Koch and NASA astronaut Anne McClain — was scrapped because there weren’t enough spacesuits of the right size available on the station. NASA caught flak for the circumstances surrounding that cancellation."Gotta love the irony that because women have never spacewalked together before there aren't enough suits so the spacewalk can't happen," one Twitter user said at the time."What a joke."
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
Watch NASA unveil prototype spacesuits for astronauts to wear on the MoonNASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine on Tuesday will unveil new designs for two spacesuits.
Weiterlesen »
NASA to unveil new spacesuits astronauts will wear on the moon, MarsNASA to unveil new-age spacesuits that astronauts will wear on Mars and the moon. - NBCNewsMACH
Weiterlesen »
After Uproar, Historic All-Female Spacewalk Is Back On, NASA SaysNASA faced criticism for postponing its first all-female spacewalk earlier this year.
Weiterlesen »
After Uproar, Historic All-Female Spacewalk Is Back On, NASA SaysA power control failure aboard international space station has forced NASA to move up the historic all-female spacewalk to Thursday or Friday by rachsandl
Weiterlesen »
Elon Musk: SpaceX spent 'hundreds of millions' extra on NASA astronaut capsuleSpaceX is in the final stages of developing the capsule it will use to launch astronauts, a project that NASA has significantly backed but has also required the company to fund at times. 'We've spent actually, I think, quite a lot more than than expected – probably on the order of hundreds of millions of dollars more,' SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said. Known as Crew Dragon, the spacecraft would carry as many as seven people to the International Space Station and more.
Weiterlesen »
NASA engineer proposes 'helical engine' for interstellar travel with no propellantDavid Burns, who funded the research privately, says he is aware of the huge pitfalls in the concept.
Weiterlesen »