NATO's Stoltenberg defends stance on Turkey's offensive in Syria

Deutschland Nachrichten Nachrichten

NATO's Stoltenberg defends stance on Turkey's offensive in Syria
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten,Deutschland Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 48 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 97%

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg on Monday defended his stance on Turkey&...

LONDON - NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg on Monday defended his stance on Turkey’s attack on Kurdish militants in northeastern Syria as he came under pressure from some members of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly to be tougher with Ankara.

Appearing in London at a plenary session of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, a body made up of delegates from the legislatures of member states, Stoltenberg said he had expressed deep concerns to Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan when he saw him in Istanbul on Friday. But during a question-and-answer session after his speech, Stoltenberg faced robust remarks from several delegates, particularly those from France and Belgium, both countries where deadly attacks linked to Islamic State have taken place.

He was referring to President Donald Trump’s abrupt decision to pull U.S. troops out of northeastern Syria, which was the catalyst for the Turkish offensive. Ankara views the YPG Kurdish militia in northern Syria as terrorists linked to a Kurdish insurgency being waged inside Turkey.U.S. and Kurdish troops previously fought together against the Islamic State, and the Kurds have accused Trump of stabbing them in the back.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

The Latest: US official: Troops risk being cut off in SyriaThe Latest: US official: Troops risk being cut off in SyriaBEIRUT (AP) — The Latest on Turkey's offensive in Syria (all times local): 2:20 p.m. A U.S. official says the situation in northeast Syria is 'deteriorating rapidly' as Turkey-backed...
Weiterlesen »

The Latest: US official: Troops risk being cut off in SyriaThe Latest: US official: Troops risk being cut off in SyriaBEIRUT (AP) — The Latest on Turkey's offensive in Syria (all times local): 2:20 p.m. A U.S. official says the situation in northeast Syria is 'deteriorating rapidly' as Turkey-backed...
Weiterlesen »

The Latest: US official: Troops risk being cut off in SyriaThe Latest: US official: Troops risk being cut off in SyriaBEIRUT (AP) — The Latest on Turkey's offensive in Syria (all times local): 2:20 p.m. A U.S. official says the situation in northeast Syria is 'deteriorating rapidly' as Turkey-backed...
Weiterlesen »

Turkey's Syria offensive an 'invasion' - Arab League secretary generalTurkey's Syria offensive an 'invasion' - Arab League secretary generalArab League Secretary General Ahmed Aboul Gheit on Saturday led Arab foreign min...
Weiterlesen »

Turkey's Syria offensive an 'invasion': Arab League secretary generalTurkey's Syria offensive an 'invasion': Arab League secretary generalArab League Secretary General Ahmed Aboul Gheit on Saturday led Arab foreign min...
Weiterlesen »

Macron says Turkey's Syria offensive may create humanitarian crisisMacron says Turkey's Syria offensive may create humanitarian crisisFrance's president said on Sunday he had told Turkish President Tayyip Erdo...
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 08:44:21