Nestle to build new plant-based food facility in China under $100 million investment plan

Deutschland Nachrichten Nachrichten

Nestle to build new plant-based food facility in China under $100 million investment plan
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten,Deutschland Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 22 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 97%

Food giant Nestle said on Wednesday it would spend 100 million swiss francs ($103.58 million) on expanding its manufacturing footprint in China to include a new plant-based food facility and widen its production lines.

FILE PHOTO: Nestle logo is pictured on the door of the supermarket of Nestle headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland, February 13, 2020. REUTERS/Pierre Albouy

The company said its first plant-based food facility for Asia would be built in Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area and that it could launch faux meat products by the end of this year. China’s “free from meat” market, which includes alternative meat products, grew 33.5% since 2014 to be worth just under $10 billion in 2018, according to Euromonitor. It predicts that the industry will be worth $11.9 billion by 2023.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

China stocks up food and oil supplies as coronavirus spurs fears about shortagesChina stocks up food and oil supplies as coronavirus spurs fears about shortagesFood and energy security have always been important for China, but the pandemic has underscored these concerns.
Weiterlesen »

Trump calls WHO 'puppet of China'Trump calls WHO 'puppet of China'US President Donald Trump says World Health Organization had 'done a very sad job' in its handling of coronavirus and he would soon make a decision about US funding to it.
Weiterlesen »

U.S. savages WHO as it promises pandemic review, but China pledges $2 billionU.S. savages WHO as it promises pandemic review, but China pledges $2 billionThe World Health Organization said on Monday an independent review of the global coronavirus response would begin as soon as possible and it received backing and a hefty pledge of funds from China, in the spotlight as the origin of the pandemic.
Weiterlesen »

As China faces a backlash in the West, Xi needs Africa more than everAs China faces a backlash in the West, Xi needs Africa more than everChinese leader Xi Jinping made preserving diplomatic ties in Africa a centerpiece of his opening address at the World Health Assembly earlier this week, as Beijing faces a backlash among some Western democracies for its role in the coronavirus pandemic
Weiterlesen »

Why Apple is unlikely to face backlash from China over new U.S. rule on HuaweiWhy Apple is unlikely to face backlash from China over new U.S. rule on HuaweiThe iPhone maker has a good relationship with Beijing and indirectly employs hundreds of thousands of workers in China, factors that could dissuade authorities from taking action against the company.
Weiterlesen »

China says it will back probe into virus origin, but not yetChina says it will back probe into virus origin, but not yetBeijing says it "took an active part" in drafting a formal call at the World Health Organization for a global investigation into the source of the coronavirus.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 06:21:38