A senior Syrian Kurdish official says his forces will pull back from a border area in accordance with a U.S.-brokered deal after Turkey allows the evacuation of its remaining fighters and civilians from a besieged town.
A senior Syrian Kurdish official says his forces will pull back from a border area in accordance with a U.S.-brokered deal after Turkey allows the evacuation of its remaining fighters and civilians from a besieged town there.
Previous agreements between the U.S. and Turkey over a “safe zone” along the Syria-Turkish border floundered over the diverging definitions of the area. In the Oct. 9 letter, Trump urged Erdogan to act in a humane way in Syria and warned him that the world “will look upon you forever as the devil if good things don’t happen. Don’t be a tough guy. Don’t be a fool!”
Kalin said Turkey’s response to the letter came later that day when it launched its air and ground offensive against Kurdish fighters in Syria. The official said Saturday that Ankara got “everything we wanted at the negotiating table” in talks with Vice President Mike Pence. Dani Ellis, a volunteer in northeast Syria who travelled with the convoy, says Turkish-backed fighters opened a corridor Saturday for the convoy to reach a hospital and surrounding neighborhoods still controlled by Kurdish-fighters at the southeast edge of Ras al-Ayn.
The humanitarian organization said it delivered food aid to 2,000 people. Video showed Turkish soldiers and Turkey-backed Syrian forces as people lined up for aid packs.Turkey launched its operation into northeastern Syria last week against the Syrian Kurdish People’s Protection Units, or YPG, which it calls terrorists.
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
The Latest: Erdogan says Turkey won't forget Trump letterANKARA, Turkey (AP) — The latest on Turkey's invasion of northern Syria (all times local): 3:40 p.m. Turkey's president says his country 'cannot forget' the harshly worded letter from...
Weiterlesen »
Money in the bank and the latest on impeachment
Weiterlesen »
The Latest: Afghan official says mosque explosion kills 62KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Latest on mosque attack in eastern Afghanistan (all times local): 6:30 p.m. An Afghan official says at least 62 people have been killed in a mosque...
Weiterlesen »
Your latest celebrity news and top headlines for October 18th on #PeopleNowToday on PeopleNow: Theresacaputo talks season 14 of LongIslandMedium.
Weiterlesen »