President Donald Trump will extend the use of roughly 46,000 National Guardsmen currently helping states cope with the coronavirus pandemic into mid-August.
into the summer and politicians complained that some guardsmen would narrowly miss out on educational and retirement benefits under the original June 24 cutoff.
"If they have a valid mission assignment verified by FEMA, my view is we should extend those tours of duty," Esper said last week."I think it's the right thing to do."Chief of the National Guard Bureau Gen. Joseph Lengyel also supported Trump's decision. In this April 30, 2020, fie photo, President Donald Trump listens to General Joseph Lengyel, Chief of the National Guard Bureau, speak on protecting Americas seniors from the COVID-19 pandemic in the East Room of the White House in Washington, DC.Lengyel also said the work of the guardsmen would likely be needed longer anyway.
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
Most Americans support wearing masks over COVID-19 as Trump politicizes it - Business InsiderBusiness Insider is a fast-growing business site with deep financial, media, tech, and other industry verticals. Launched in 2007, the site is now the largest business news site on the web.
Weiterlesen »
VA secretary fires back at critics of controversial COVID-19 treatment touted by TrumpVeterans Affairs Secretary Robert Wilkie fired back at critics of his agency's use of a controversial drug touted by Pres. Trump to treat COVID-19 patients in an interview with ABC News Chief Global Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz.
Weiterlesen »
Trump extends federal funding for National Guard coronavirus deployments through mid-AugustPresident Trump is extending federal funding for National Guard deployments until mid-August to help states in their coronavirus pandemic response efforts. There are some 46,000 National Guard members supporting state coronavirus response efforts
Weiterlesen »
Jay Inslee Says Trump Should Be 'Removed From Office' for His Disastrous COVID-19 ResponseThe Washington state governor compares Trump’s coronavirus denialism to FDR “saying that Pearl Harbor was a hoax and that the Japanese were going to surrender miraculously the next Mond…
Weiterlesen »
Trump extends National Guard's coronavirus deployment after outcryThe Trump administration is extending the federal deployment of over 40,000 National Guard troops aiding coronavirus relief efforts, reversing plans for an earlier cutoff
Weiterlesen »