UN launches $565 million appeal for Beirut victims

Deutschland Nachrichten Nachrichten

UN launches $565 million appeal for Beirut victims
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten,Deutschland Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 ABC
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 24 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 51%

A U.N. spokesman said the money will enable the U.N.'s humanitarian partners “to help people in need by targeting food security, health, shelter and protection, as well as water and sanitation hygiene support.”

U.N. humanitarian officials said some of the $300 million pledged at a donor conference Sunday co-chaired by French President Emmanuel Macron and the United Nations may be committed to the $565 million appeal, but the amount won’t be known for some time because the pledges include a mixture of humanitarian and reconstruction activities.

clinics, and destroyed 120 schools. The blast killed over 170 people, injured more than 6,000 and left thousands homeless, it said.—Immediate delivery of hot meals, food rations and grain supplies.—Cash for shelter for families whose homes were damaged or destroyed and for repairs of common building areas and facilities affected by the blast.“The task of rebuilding people’s lives and recovering from the devastation is only just beginning,” said Lebanon’s U.N.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

ABC /  🏆 471. in US

Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

UN launches $565 million appeal for Beirut blast victimsUN launches $565 million appeal for Beirut blast victimsThe UN said the money will enable the UN's humanitarian partners “to help people in need by targeting food security, health, shelter and protection, as well as water and sanitation hygiene support.”
Weiterlesen »

UN experts call for independent investigation into Beirut explosionUN experts call for independent investigation into Beirut explosionA senior US envoy says the FBI would join the probe into the colossal blast that killed 171 people, injured thousands and displaced some 300,000 people.
Weiterlesen »

The Weeknd Donates $300,000 to Beirut Explosion ReliefThe Weeknd Donates $300,000 to Beirut Explosion ReliefThe Weeknd has made a donation of $300,000 to Global Aid for Lebanon to assist victims of the Beirut explosion.
Weiterlesen »

Parliament speaker urges new Lebanese government after huge blast, U.S. envoy due in BeirutParliament speaker urges new Lebanese government after huge blast, U.S. envoy due in BeirutLebanon's parliament speaker called on Thursday for quickly forming a new government in the first legislative session since the catastrophic explosion that killed 172 people last week and pushed the cabinet to resign.
Weiterlesen »

WHO Seeks $76 Million For Lebanon After Beirut Blast, Concerned About CoronavirusWHO Seeks $76 Million For Lebanon After Beirut Blast, Concerned About CoronavirusThe blast put three hospitals out of operation and has left three others working at partial capacity in the middle of a pandemic.
Weiterlesen »

Lebanese Designer Sandra Mansour on the Beirut Explosion, One Week LaterLebanese Designer Sandra Mansour on the Beirut Explosion, One Week Later._sandramansour_ was roughly 2,300 miles away from Beirut when an explosion rocked the city last Tuesday, but she heard it happen in real time. Mansour was on the phone with her mother in Beirut when she suddenly heard screaming on the other end.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 20:36:08