U.S. calls for credible probe into 'overwhelming' Beirut blast

Deutschland Nachrichten Nachrichten

U.S. calls for credible probe into 'overwhelming' Beirut blast
Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten,Deutschland Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 46 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 97%

The United States called on Saturday for a transparent and credible investigation into the massive port blast in Beirut that killed 172 people and said Lebanon could never go back to the days 'in which anything goes' at its ports and borders.

BEIRUT - The United States called on Saturday for a transparent and credible investigation into the massive port blast in Beirut that killed 172 people and said Lebanon could never go back to the days “in which anything goes” at its ports and borders.

“We can never go back to an era in which anything goes at the port or the borders of Lebanon that had to contribute to this situation,” Hale said. “Every sovereign state controls its ports and its borders thoroughly and I imagine all Lebanese would like to return to that era.” President Michel Aoun has said a probe will look into whether the cause of the blast was negligence, an accident or “external interference”.

Nasrallah also said his group was against an international investigation because its first purpose would be to “distance Israel from any responsibility for this explosion, if it had responsibility”. He said the participation of the FBI in an investigation would serve the same purpose.The explosion has pitched Lebanon into a new political vacuum since the resignation of the government, which formed in January with backing of Hezbollah and its allies including Aoun.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

Deutschland Neuesten Nachrichten, Deutschland Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

U.S. official calls for credible probe into Beirut blastU.S. official calls for credible probe into Beirut blastSenior U.S. official David Hale called on Saturday for a 'thorough, transparent and credible' investigation into this month's Beirut port blast which killed 172 poeple and wounded 6,000.
Weiterlesen »

Hardened Lebanese merchants battered by Beirut blastHardened Lebanese merchants battered by Beirut blastSleep Comfort survived Lebanon's 15-year civil war. But nothing could have prepared the high-end family furniture business for the Beirut port blast that destroyed swathes of the capital.
Weiterlesen »

Iran FM claims West using Beirut blast to dictate policiesIran FM claims West using Beirut blast to dictate policiesIran says Western countries shouldn't take advantage of the massive explosion in Beirut last week that killed and injured thousands of people to dictate their own policies on the tiny Arab country
Weiterlesen »

UN launches $565 million appeal for Beirut blast victimsUN launches $565 million appeal for Beirut blast victimsThe UN said the money will enable the UN's humanitarian partners “to help people in need by targeting food security, health, shelter and protection, as well as water and sanitation hygiene support.”
Weiterlesen »

How powerful was the Beirut blast?How powerful was the Beirut blast?Experts estimate the massive warehouse explosion that sent a devastating blast wave across Beirut could be one of the strongest non-nuclear explosions ever recorded
Weiterlesen »

FBI to join investigation into Beirut port explosion, U.S. diplomat calls for reformFBI to join investigation into Beirut port explosion, U.S. diplomat calls for reformU.S. diplomat David Hale said Lebanon needed 'economic and fiscal reforms, an end to dysfunctional governance and to empty promises.'
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 07:40:48